Happy Occupational Therapy Week!
October 16th – October 22nd is the official week in 2016 to celebrate what OT’s do!
Throughout my career as an OT I have worked on such varied goals for my clients ranging from dressing, feeding and toileting through to writing essays.
Here are a list of some of my favourite goals I have worked on with clients:
- Writing their name
- Cutting with scissors safely and effectively
- Playing with their parents and siblings
- Using Cutlery to eat their favourite foods
- Riding a scooter or a bike
- Drawing pictures of their favourite things
- Maintaining attention in class
- Controlling their pencils to write and draw
- Recognising letters so they can read
- Learning how to play effectively with peers
- Getting dressed independently
- Using their hands for play and function
- Giving their body an understanding of itself
the list could go on and on and on… But we want to hear from you – This year OT Australia have given OT week the catch phrase of
“BECAUSE OF OT, I CAN….”
Help us fill in our Balloon display at our Moorebank clinic by commenting below or on our Facebook page, how you would finish the sentence “Because of OT, I can…”
We already have a lot of balloons to stick on the wall, some of the children have chosen to write:
“eat foods I thought were yukky”
“play with my friends”
We would love parents and teachers to comment from their perspective too – how has been involved in OT services helped you?
We look forward to hearing from you!