One Stop Allied Health & Medical Centre has a range of payment methods available. Depending on your circumstances and diagnosis, you may be eligible for financial support.
Private Health Insurance and NDIS
We are a registered provider with most private health insurance funds. If you are unsure if you are covered, please contact your insurance company for details. Many of our team are Fahcsia recognised and we are a registered NDIS provider.
Chronic Disease Management
Chronic Disease Management
If your child has a complex need requiring support from one or more allied health professional, they may be eligible for a Chronic Disease Management Plan (previously known as an Enhanced Primary Care Plan). This plan enables you to receive a partial rebate for up to 5 sessions with an allied health service over a calendar year. Speak to your GP to find out whether your child is eligible to claim rebates under this program. If so, they will provide you with the relevant documentation to bring to your appointment with us.
Better Access to Mental Health
Medicare rebates are available for up to ten individual and ten group allied mental health services per calendar year to patients with an assessed mental disorder who are referred by a GP managing the patient under a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan or a Paediatrician. Allied mental health services under this initiative include psychological assessment and therapy services provided by our Psychologists as well as Occupational Therapy services. Please notify our receptionist if you are claiming under this scheme as it will require specific booking needs.
- The Better Start for Children with Disability (Better Start) initiative includes:
- up to $12,000 in funding for early intervention services and treatments for eligible children
- additional assistance for eligible children who live in outer-regional, rural or remote locations to help with the costs of accessing services
- a Medicare rebate for the development of a treatment and management plan for eligible children up to the age of 13
- Medicare rebates for up to four allied health diagnostic/assessment services for eligible children under the age of 13, the results of which contribute to the development of the treatment and management plan, and
- Medicare rebates for up to 20 relevant allied health services in total for each eligible child under the age of 15 provided the treatment and management plan is in place before the age of 13.
- Eligible children who are aged under six years and have been diagnosed with:
- Down syndrome
- cerebral palsy
- Fragile X syndrome, or
- a moderate or greater vision or hearing impairment, including deafblindness.
- From 1 January 2013, Better Start has been expanded to include children diagnosed with:
- Prader Willi syndrome
- Williams syndrome
- Angelman syndrome
- Kabuki syndrome
- Smith-Magenis syndrome
- CHARGE syndrome
- Cornelia de Lange syndrome
- ‘Cri du Chat syndrome or
Helping Children With Autism
- Following diagnosis, families contact an Autism Advisor in their state or territory who will provide information regarding eligibility, available funding and Early Intervention and other support services. The Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) made new Medicare items for children aged under 13 years (for diagnosis/assessment and treatment planning).
- To be eligible for the Early Intervention Service children must satisfy each of the eligibility criteria including:
- Diagnosis and
- Residential eligibility.
- The eligibility criteria for children to access the Early Intervention funding is:
- eligible children are those aged zero to six years who have been diagnosed in Australia with an ASD
- a child must have been seen by an Autism Advisor and deemed eligible to access the service before their sixth birthday and
- funding of up to $12,000 (maximum of $6,000 per financial year) can be accessed until the child’s seventh birthday.
One Stop Allied Health and Medical Centre is a registered NDIS provider and can provide a number of different services under this scheme.
Call us today for more information.
Does your child attend one of the schools serviced by our school based sister company, Allied Health Partnerships?
~ special offer may apply. Get in touch to find out more.