We all know how music can stir emotions, help us unwind, make us move and generally form an essential part of our lives, but did you know that music therapy is a recognised profession which integrates music into therapeutic support of areas such as
- Emotional expression/frustration
- Social interaction such as interpersonal skills & self-control
- Skill development including ﬁne/gross motor and bilateral coordination
- Communication – listening/responsiveness
- Musical relaxation – activities related to a person’s ability to relax.
- Prolonged miscommunication
Our talented and experienced Music therapists support children & adults with:
- Learning and literacy difﬁculties
- Developmental & intellectual delay
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Social skills needs
- Augmentative and alternative forms of communication
Contact us to find out more about how music therapy can help your child or adolescent. School and clinic based services available.