Helping you with your communication needs
A Speech Pathologist is a communication expert. The experienced Speech Pathologists at OSAH have been trained in the latest evidence based speech, language and fluency therapy techniques to bring you or your child fast and effective results.
At OSAH, we pride ourselves in having strong backgrounds, working in classrooms from Preschool to High school. This means we have an excellent understanding of the speech and language demands of all settings and can hence ensure our therapy services set children up for success at school and in life.
Who needs Speech Therapy?
Speech Pathology may be needed if your child is exhibiting any of the following…
- Late talkers– children who have not started to talk by 2 years of age
- Communication difficulties – unable to express wants and needs in a functional way, frustration with not being able to understand or respond to other people.
- Articulation– difficulty pronouncing sounds correctly
- Receptive Language– difficulty understanding language e.g. following instructions, understanding sentences and answering questions
- Expressive Language– using short sentences for their age, difficulties with grammar, using a variety of words, retelling stories, or writing stories.
- Fluency (i.e. stuttering)- repeating sounds, syllables , words or phrases
- Voice– a child may have a hoarse, soft, loud, high or low pitched voice
- Social language skills– difficulties turn-taking, maintaining eye contact, following conversational rules, changing language according to the listener or situation.
- Learning and literacy difficulties– oral language problems are often the root cause of many forms of learning and literacy difficulties.
Children may also be considered ‘at risk’ of a speech or language problem if they have a hearing impairment, suspected global or developmental delay, early feeding difficulties, a family history of communication or learning difficulties
SPEECH THERAPY – South West Sydney One Stop Allied Health & Medical Centre
Is your child’s speech hard to understand?
- Trouble saying sounds
- Not speaking clearly
- People cant understand your child
- School readiness
Seeking early intervention? Worried your child isn’t meeting milestones?
Need assistive or augmentative communication
- Autism spectrum
- Disability support
- Functional communication
SPEECH PATHOLOGY – South West Sydney One Stop Allied Health & Medical Centre
Not talking yet? is your child a late talker?
- Not sure if you need speech therapy
- Not communicating
Is your child struggling to keep up at school?
- School based support
- Expressive and receptive language
- Speech, voice, fluency, phonemic awareness, expressive and receptive language
- Individualised support
- Tailored intervention
- Achieve your communication goals
Not talking at school
MULTIDISCIPLINARY THERAPY SUPPORT – South West Sydney One Stop Allied Health & Medical Centre
Our team of professionals support your child at school and preschool in the following areas:
- Social emotional learning
- Behaviour and attentional difficulties
- fine and gross motor skills
- sensory processing
- speech sounds
- expressive and receptive language
- reading, spelling, writing, and learning
- social skills
- anxiety and depression